MLTA 2017 Convention
Thursday - Friday, August 3 - 4
Holiday Inn & Suites, Duluth Downtown
200 West First Street, Duluth, MN 55802
Registration is open! Make your hotel room reservations by June 30 and register by July 3 for savings! Members must be logged in to receive the member rate.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 3
The success of our industry is built largely on the relationships we form with industry peers. MLTA's convention provides the opportunity for business owners, managers, and executives to connect with title insurance and settlement professionals from around the state. This year is particularly special because it's been 17 years since we've held our convention in Duluth! We have provided several ways attendees can connect with one another while enjoying the beauty of this special city.
On Thursday afternoon, guests can choose to golf at Duluth's Enger Golf Course which features spectacular views of Lake Superior or tour the Glensheen Mansion, the famed home built by mining magnates Chester and Clara Congdon in the early 1900's.
On Thursday evening, we will hold an ice breaker aboard the harbor cruise ship Vista Star which provides the best sightseeing opportunity on Lake Superior and the Duluth Superior Harbor. Entertainment will be provided by Hanson & Hoyt, and an after-party will take place at the hotel!
FRIDAY, AUGUST 4
A full-day of programming has been developed for Friday. Sessions address the key issues business leaders need to be aware of in our rapidly changing profession. Presentations include:
|Ken Barnhart is President and Principal Consultant of Higher Ground Security. He is a local cybersecurity expert who will share insights into how cyber sabotage makes its way into businesses and strategies for combatting it.|
|Cindy McGovern, Ph.D. holds a masters in marketing and a doctorate degree in Organizational Community (Emphasis in Leadership and Ethics). With extensive experience helping both executives and sales people alike, Cindy will share strategies for enhancing existing sales programs by affecting behavioral change.|
|Daniel Mennenoh, INT, NTP is ALTA's current president. He will share an overview of issues affecting the title insurance industry at the national level including the current political climate, the future of the CFPB; cybersecurity, and technological advancements.|
|Early bird registration deadline: Monday, July 3, 2017. Members must be logged in to receive the member rate.|
Golf Outing at Enger Golf Course - $75
Glensheen Guided Mansion Tour - $30
- MEMBERS: Must be logged in to receive the member rate.
- PAYMENT: Unless arrangements have been made in advance, orders received without payment will not be processed.
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Cancellations must be made in writing and will be fully refunded if they are received by Monday, July 3, 2017. Cancellations received after this date will not be refunded.
- SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: If you require special meals or accommodations to fully participate in this event, please include a written description of your needs when registering.
- PHOTO RELEASE: Photographs will be taken throughout the event which may be used in future MLTA promotional materials. By virtue of your participation, you agree to MLTA’s use of your likeness in said promotional materials.
- ATTIRE: Business casual throughout.
Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth Downtown
200 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802
Call (218) 722-1202 and ask for the Minnesota Land Title Association (MLTA) Group Rate
or reserve online at www.hiduluth.com - enter the group code MNL
or reserve online at www.ihg.com - enter the group code of MNL
Make your reservation by June 30 to ensure availability.
$179 on Wednesday, August 2 and Thursday, August 3
$219 on Friday, August 4 and Saturday, August 5
|Breaks and Breakfasts|
|Commercial Partners Title is pleased to be hosting MLTA's 2017 Convention.|